Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Let them eat cake.

Sometimes you see delicious foods, and you get really excited to try their creamy or tart or rich deliciousness. But then after the first bite, you wonder if you accidentally ate something that was for display only. Prime example: chocolate extravaganza night on cruises.
photo cred to Grandpa Earnshaw
Those cakes with chocolate dragons coming out of them look amazing! But they taste horrible. It's a huge letdown. This is a legitimate concern when it comes to wedding cakes. I want my wedding cake to taste better than it looks.

Camille with some cupcakes she made for my graduation
Luckily, I have an extremely kind, beautiful, and intelligent, not to mention talented, sister who makes wedding cakes! She started with fancy cupcakes and has since expanded to wedding cakes, as is seen by the two weddings my family had last year that were graced by her remarkable baked confections:
Corinne and Mario, 30.3.2012



Audrey and Hernan, 19.6.2012
Photo cred to Miriam Hermansen

Not only do these look amazing, they tasted fantastic! I definitely remember eating more cake than anything else at Corinne's reception. Basically, Camille is a genius cake maker, and I love the idea of getting my family involved in my wedding. Camille is happy to help, and she's already been asking me for wedding cake ideas! I took about half an hour with my personal wedding planner (aka pinterest) and found some that I think will look classy, and knowing Camille, they'll also taste great (which is Brian's biggest concern). 
Camille is going to test run this one for her husband's
birthday this weekend :) Happy Birthday, Eric!

So I obviously don't have a really clear picture of what I want, but I really like all of these. I'm mostly just really grateful that I can cross "find cake maker" off my list since I know Camille will do something amazing. 


Can you think of any cake designs that would look particularly vintage?


2 comments:

  1. you're too kind! thank you so much for letting me make your cake!! i'll let you know how eric's b-day cake turns out!!! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to see another gorgeous Camille creation! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete