Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Going Vegan.

For the next 21 days, Ellen and I are going vegan. Call me crazy, but I'd like to think of it as a way to show self-discipline and be healthy. I'm still trying to figure out why I'm exercising so much and eating well just before the mission when I'm going to gain it all back (and more) anyways, but I try not to think about that :)

When I was home for Corinne's wedding, my mom showed me this site that had recipes for 21 days of going vegan. I was disgusted, honestly. I don't like vegetables. And I love meat. And ice cream and cheese. But I like doing hard things, and this would definitely be hard, and I've always wanted to see if eating right for an extended period of time would actually make my body perform better and my mind think more clearly. So here we are. I've been blessed with a stuffy nose so I can't really taste anything that Ellen has prepared so far (balsamic zucchini sandwich and curried lentil soup), but I'm sure I'll get really good at ignoring my gag reflex when I get well again. It's going to be a longggg 21 days. I'll post some pictures and recipes I like as we go along.

Soon-to-be blog posts: the mission (I want this one to be really good so I'm writing it in steps. It's important to me). spring term (lots of changes means I need to blog about them. Or something like that). Norway (I'm going on a cruise there this June/July, so I figure if I blog about it, that's like a mini-research project.)

No comments:

Post a Comment