Saturday, April 14, 2012

Asking me out just got that much easier.

Ellen and I have been talking about all these sweet things to do in Provo, but we think they would be so fun as dates! I mean, they would be fun with just us as well, but dating is fun. Usually. I've been on some pretty good dates lately (Stars and Stripez[why the z?], Final Cut Film Festival, planetarium), so I'm not complaining, but there are a lot of really fun and interesting things that I (and probably a lot of girls) want to get asked out to do.

 
1) Museums
  • Paleontology Museum: I love learning about dinosaurs. BYU's Paleontology Museum is nice because it's free, but it needs remodeling badly. I heard University of Utah's museum is the bomb, so I would be so down for that. It's in Salt Lake and it costs money though :(
  • Bean Museum: I also love learning about animals. I could spend (and have spent)  hours in the Bean Museum.
2) Restaurants in Provo
  • Guru's: I first went here when my good friend Jordan Rose was performing with a group; the cafe has live music every Wednesday night. Ellen and I just got sweet potato fries and enjoyed the music. So fun.
  • Spicy Corea: I love their website. My friend Herbie (now serving in Bulgaria) took me here freshman year and while I'm one of the pickiest eaters I know and therefore feel tentative of trying ethnic foods, I loved this place. Mmmm.
  • Any place with hamburgers: Call me American (or unrefined), but I love hamburgers. Any kind, anywhere. I want to try all the hamburger joints in the world.
  • Surprise me: I don't like surprises very often, but I'd rather be surprised with a restaurant being chosen for me than have my date be like, "So where do you want to go to eat!" implying he hasn't really thought this through.
3) Friday's Kids: Ellen introduced me to this; you sign up for a Friday and watch a kid with some kind of disability while his or her parents' get a date night. I've done it once and it's a really good experience. Helps you realize how good you got it, you know? Plus the kids are super sweet.

4) Anything outdoors: This includes things like hiking (I haven't hiked Bridal Veil Falls or Mt. Nebo yet), sports (favorites are ultimate and tennis), hot springs or rope swings, Just Dance, etc. I'm game for most things.

5) Miscellaneous
  • BYU events: This includes plays, concerts, you name it. The freer the better.
  • Games: Coming from a family where the only entertainment during my entire childhood was board and card games, I've become pretty adept at most of them. Favorites are nerts, bananagrams, Ticket to Ride, Up the River, Boggle, and Five Crowns. I'll try not to get too competitive.

 
I tried to give a good mix of free and not-free things. Don't think money is necessary to have a good time,  because it's not (it'sn't?). Also, don't try to combine a bunch of these into one long marathon date unless I really like you. That could get messy. I trust your judgment. Happy dating!

 
PS: I thought for .2 seconds of including a list of guys who I want to ask me out, but decided against it. Maybe next time.

1 comment: