Thursday, May 8, 2014

Summer Plans.

I've been planning our anniversary/Jeffrey's baptism trip to NYC the past week, and I'm beyond excited to spend some time in the City! Here's a little run-down of what else we have coming up this summer:

May 15-18 we're headed to Rochester, NY, to see Brian's family and go to Rochester's Lilac Festival. Brian has been to the festival once before and says it's more about the free concerts and cool vendors than it is about the lilacs. We haven't been up to see his family in awhile, and we're excited to play games, go to the Palmyra temple, and relax!

We move to our new apartment on May 31-June 1. It's just a couple blocks away from where we're at right now. Pros: first floor, A/C, dishwasher, reliable heat, quiet neighborhood, same rent. Cons: first floor, no more hardwood floors, ghetto neighborhood, less natural light. With temps in the high eighties today, we're pumped for the A/C.
Our new apartment building. No, we don't have snow right now.

June 12-15 marks both our anniversary weekend and the Sunday when my nephew Jeffrey gets baptized! Jeffrey's family lives in NYC (right across from Central Park), and so Brian and I figured it was a perfect excuse to pay through the nose and spend a weekend there. I haven't been since I was probably seven. I'll do a separate blog post on what we're planning on doing and where we end up staying. (Shout out to Shaunelle for all the insider tips!!)
Corinne and me with Jeffrey when he turned four!! Crazy.

July 10-13 we'll be in Vancouver for Aaron and Katie's wedding!! Also really excited about this trip. I used Priceline to successfully book three adjacent hotel rooms for most of Brian's family at $45 off the original price. I still need a game plan for the day we have to tour Vancouver, but we'll figure it out.
Awwwww. Also, this was totally hacked from FB, which is creepy of me.

July 18 we'll drive up to Maine for my family's reunion. This is the first Mark Earnshaw family reunion that's been organized as such; we try to get together at Christmas, but this is a summertime visit, and Maine is so much more fun in the summer! We're staying for an indefinite amount of time (ten days? twelve?) because Brian can work from there and I have three weeks off starting on July 18 while the family I nanny for takes a trip to the mom's homeland, Serbia. We'll also be having a couple day trips to Boston while we're there to visit some friends and family.

And to bring things full circle, August 14-17 we're back in Rochester, this time for Galen and Keen's wedding. I get to buy a pink (any shade) summer dress for this wedding which I'm pumped about (minus the finding one I like and paying for it parts). We met some of Keen's family at their engagement dinner, so I'm excited to see them again and celebrate!

So yeah, I'm pretty much beside myself with excitement. Both for the summer and for Brian to be done with his final tomorrow so he can stop working before 10 pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment