Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Enter Mrs. and Mr. Williams.

On March 9, 2013, my best friend got married. I was sitting next to Mark as we waited for Ellen and Chris to come out, and Mark leans over and asks, "Are you gonna cry?" I scoff and say, "Of course not." I couldn't have held it in even if I tried. There were way too many emotions! I'm trying to think of a good way to explain how things are between me and Ellen. I guess try to imagine someone who you trust absolutely, who you would do anything for so that they wouldn't hurt, who you look up to as someone you want to be more like. That's how I see Ellen. 

So to see her at the alter with Chris, well, I was both really happy and really selfishly sad. Chris gets an A+ from me. That kid is hilarious. Not only does he play great practical jokes, he treats Ellen like the queen she is. I love seeing them together. But when they got married, it was suddenly real to me: Ellen wasn't mine anymore. Now, she was never mine to begin with. And I had definitely seen her a lot less since she started dating Chris. But I had gotten so used to going grocery shopping and sharing clothes and having her understand me and laugh with me that it wasn't until the day they got married that it finally sunk in: everything was different. And that was really hard. 

I cried! I cried a lot. I cried out of happiness and selfish sadness. It was a strange conflict of so much happiness for Ellen, which I tried to focus on, but ever present was a pinprick of regret that kept reminding me of good times that were over. I've certainly come to terms with it; getting married is what Ellen and I both always wanted, and now it's happened to her and is happening to me in a few weeks! I wouldn't change how things are for anything. But I also know that I'll look back on my college years with Ellen as some of the best. 

Now I'm excited for her to be a bridesmaid in my wedding and for us to have kids at the same time and have the real lives we dreamed of! I'm so grateful I'll always have her to call, whenever I need her. Love you, Ellen!

Their wedding was beautiful. The temple sealing was one of the most spiritual experiences of my life. I love Chris's family, and Ellen's family as usual treated me like one of their own. It was an unforgettable beautiful day.




bridesmaids

I love the Weatherfords :)
Everybody!!
Congratulations Ellen & Chris!!

No comments:

Post a Comment